Monday, February 28, 2011

Learning vocabulary can be fun!


Many of my classmates have already talked about how to learn, and make your students to learn new vocabulary with music, and I agree, in fact that was the only idea in my mind and I was having a hard time trying to do this post.

I think that an excellent idea would be to make the students more interested in the learning process by not calling it that way; the “learning” term will make them feel obligated to do something, and they will lose interest right away.

I actually have learned a lot of vocabulary, idioms and even slang from the music that I like to listen, deducing the meaning of the word by the context. I think that Daniela's exercise is a great idea to make students have fun learning new vocabulary.

However I found this video from the user “ajhoge” on youtube and I think it is really interesting the way he makes the learner relate the new vocabulary to body and face expressions so it would be remembered subconsciously.

Check it out and let me know what you think about it.












Image by VictoriaR444 @ deviantart.com
http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=dictionary#/d1ale13

1 comments:

Luis Felipe said...

Amazing video and kind of funny, I bet that at least 50% of the people who watched this video at least tried a funny movement or gesture...

I totally agree with you, using music and graphic elements to help us learn new vocabulary is very useful, because we feel comfortable and relaxed while listening or watching movies and learning new words or phrases, in the other hand when we feel bound to learn something just because we ought to, we feel like there is not much of a choice and if we fail to learn something, this might become frustrating instead of fun and enjoyable.

Post a Comment